PaymentBack to customer service
All the prices listed on our website are excluding VAT. As a European company, Safescan will apply VAT charges according to the rules and regulations of the European Union. For more information please visit the website of the European Union.
What does this mean for your order?
1. Orders that are placed in, or shipped to a county outside of the European Union, are exempted from VAT.
2. Companies based in Europe with a valid VAT number that is verified by Safescan are exempted from VAT.
3. Companies based in Europe without a valid and verified VAT number are charged the VAT percentage that is set by the country where the order is shipped to.
How we verify your VAT number:
When completing your order, please enter a valid VAT number in the required field. Your VAT number will immediately be checked by the VIES Validation Service If your VAT number is valid you can complete your order without being charged the VAT amount. If you do not enter a (valid) VAT number, you must pay the relevant VAT amount.
If the VIES database is not able to verify your VAT number, you can still complete your order without being charged with the VAT amount, but your order will be put on hold and manually checked by Safescan. If the supplied VAT number is invalid, an email will be sent to you with the request to either correct the provided number or pay the outstanding VAT amount.
Your VAT number can be invalid due to the following reasons:
1. The provided VAT number does not exist.
Something small like a simple typo could make your VAT number appear as invalid. Please check if you have entered all the digits correctly.
2. The provided VAT number is not valid for transactions between different EU countries.
Some European countries such as Italy and Spain require an extra registration to activate the VAT number for international transactions within the EU. Please consult your local authorities to see if your VAT number is valid for cross-border EU transactions. If your VAT number has to be activated please wait until the number is processed to complete your order.
Please make sure to double check your VAT number when placing your order on the Safescan website. If you require more information about the European VAT ruling, please visit: http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/faqvies.do?locale=en
Deliveries to countries outside the EU always incur a 0% VAT rate. In addition to the copy of your invoice we send you by e-mail, we will add a copy to your shipment for customs use.
A VAT number is a unique number that is connected to a specific business entity. Basically a change of a VAT number means a change of a business entity. If you create an account on the Safescan website and your purchases are of a corporate nature, please ensure that you register your account with your correct VAT number. Subsequent changes are no longer possible, as your account is linked to the VAT number you entered during your registration. A change in your VAT number is a change in your business entity, resulting in a change of your account on the Safescan website.
We offer the following payment methods for your convenience and, unlike many other shops, never charge any transaction fees.
You can pay for your Safescan order using one of the following credit cards:
‣ American Express
We use a secure SSL connection during the checkout process, so your credit-card details are fully protected. After you enter your information, we will communicate with your credit-card issuer to process your payment smoothly and securely.
PayPal is the preferred way to pay online in many countries because it’s safe and fast. PayPal securely stores your credit card and banking information, enabling you to pay online without entering your sensitive financial information every time you shop. Using Paypal you can speed through the checkout process in just a few clicks. PayPal deducts payment directly from your credit card or bank account, and your payment information is never shared on the Internet.
Advance payment by bank transfer
If you select this payment option, we will ship your order once your payment has been received in our bank account. The e-mail order confirmation we send you will contain your order number; please refer to this number when you make payment, so we can link your payment to the correct order.
Your privacy and protection are deeply important to us, and we go to great lengths to ensure the security of your information on our site. To protect your information during the ordering process, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). SSL is the industry standard protocol for establishing a secure connection between computers on the Internet. The protocol encrypts all traffic and guarantees message integrity and sender and receiver authenticity.
There are two ways to confirm that a secure SSL connection has been established:
- The website’s URL begins with “https://” rather than “http://”.
- You see a visual cue in your browser’s address bar, such as a lock icon or a green button (varies by browser).
These cues signify that your payment and personal data are protected. You can click on the lock icon or green button in your browser’s address bar to view the details of the SSL certificate, including its validity.
Our payment systems also meet the strict security standards of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). We meet or exceed the key PCI DSS requirements:
- We never use vendor-supplied defaults for passwords or other security parameters.
- We always encrypt cardholder data and sensitive information before it is transmitted.
- We maintain anti-virus software and firewalls to protect customer data.
- We restrict access to cardholder data to those who have a business need to know.
- We assign a unique ID to each person with computer access.
- We tightly control physical access to our systems infrastructure.
- We track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data.
- We routinely audit and improve our security systems, applications and processes.