Warranty & Repairs
Warranty & RepairsBack to customer service
All of our products are manufactured to stringent quality and safety standards. After registering your product on www.safescan.com, we offer an extended 3-year warranty for many of our products*.
*Warranty is available for all Safescan products except the Safescan RF-100, RF-110, Safescan software and consumables such as UV lamps, batteries, USB cables, lids, brackets and trays.
We hope you will enjoy your Safescan purchase to its fullest! Maximize your value by registering your product. Registration has the following benefits:
- Free software updates and product information
- 3-year extended warranty and support
- Ability to share your suggestions as part of our product improvement panel
To receive the 3-year extended warranty, log into your existing Safescan account (or create a new one) at www.safescan.com, then click on the “Register” link in your profile (or surf to www.safescan.com/register) within 30 days of purchase. Enter the purchase date, invoice number, model number, and serial number for your product. The extended warranty begins on the date of purchase.
If your product is not functioning properly, we will do everything we can to fix it as quickly as possible. Our expert in-house repair service will repair your product quickly and professionally, in the shortest possible time. If your product becomes defective within the warranty period, we will repair it free of charge. If the item is no longer under warranty, we will provide a no-obligation quote for repairs. Please note that you are responsible for paying and bearing the risks of shipping the product to us for repair.
The repair request process
1. Go to www.safescan.com and log in to your Safescan account (or create one, if you don’t already have one). 2. If you purchased your item using your Safescan account, go to your order history and click on the “return request” option. Complete the form to submit your request. 3. If you purchased your Safescan product from one of our authorized dealers, go to “My RMAs” and fill in the form to submit your request. (You will need your purchase invoice or receipt for this.) 4. We will contact you by e-mail as quickly as we can with further instructions on how to return your product. These instructions will include a unique RMA number. Please wait for these instructions before returning your product to us; without the RMA number, we cannot accept your return.
To ease the returns process, we offer a pickup service at greatly reduced rates. If you would like to use this service, please select it when you fill out the return form. You will receive clear instructions on payment and pickup.
Safescan products intended for sale and use in worldwide markets comply with the applicable international requirements for product safety, electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), WEEE and RoHS. Safescan products are generally covered by some or all of the following certifications and declarations: CE (European Union EMC and Safety), FCC (North American EMI), UL (North American Product Safety), WEEE Directives (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) and RoHS Directives.
See also the marks on the product label and/or retail box.
Safescan is committed to manufacturing products that have a minimal impact on the environment. As part of this commitment, we embrace the WEEE European Directive. WEEE stands for Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment. In line with WEEE objectives, our design process for each new product includes the following considerations:
- durability and long product life
- ease of disassembly and recycling
- identification of plastic material
- energy-saving features
- reduced use of hazardous substances
- use of recycled material and reuse of parts